Hi folks,

I just wanted to let you know of some updates that have been added to the site for your information and pleasure. You may have noticed on the lobby page the counter in the center under "Enter the OrchidTalk Orchid Forums".

This counter is counting up from the day we put the forum on-line. It is not that incredibly handy, but cool information in any regard. I also added a similar counter on the Forum listing page under "what's going on". This one list years, instead of days so for those of us mathematically challenged, we can look there to see how many years 1500+ days really amounts too.

But the feature that I think you will find pleasing is the OrchidTalk Radio Stations. If you are connecting to OrchidTalk through DSL, Cable, or T1 connection (88 % of our users do) then you can listen to the radio while you browse the forum and post replies and threads.

To access the radio, look up on the main navbar for the words "Quick Links". This is a drop down that contains many handy links you will probably find useful when you are logged into the forum. At the bottom of the list, I placed the OrchidTalk Radio Station link. This will open a new browser window. Once there, you can select from many stations that I have added. Registered users who have made the requisite number of posts, can create favorite station list, rate and report the links. The users who are "Friends of RVO" can add stations to the list and edit the ones they add in addition to the regular features available to the registered users of the forum.

This feature is set up so that only members of our community can use it. You must be logged into the forum to listen to the radio here.

My favorite stations include the jazz channels, the 80's channel, the 70's channel, and the classical channels. What are yours?

Enjoy and thanks for being a member of this community!

Cheers,
BD