Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A cart with light fixtures?

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

lol. yeah, know what you mean. nice setup, folks. thanks for the pics.

Thanks for sharing ncclimber and sgratrix! I really like seeing other people's grow areas, and you both have great set-ups!!

Default Growing Area

Dinning room, who needs a dinning room, its now my grow room, very understanding wife ......

Quote Originally Posted by Ki_in_NoVa
    hey, I'm curious why you want a pre-made cart thingy. (ok, shop lights are ugly... but they are cheap.) Anway, never bought one but here are a couple of links:

http://www.charleysgreenhouse.com/ca...CategoryId=176

http://www.indoorgardensupplies.com/...TOKEN=75360567
    Thanks for the links. I want a premade cart because I need to keep the space I use contained. My house is very small(very very very small), there are no extra rooms (except for a closet I *might* be able to use). But really, I have to keep a small area to grow. If I have a cart, I know exactly how to utilize my space.

Quote Originally Posted by sgratrix
    I use the shelf units that you can get from Lowes or boxstore that are used for storage, and then buy the shop lights and hang them from the shelves. This set up is much less expensive, I have had great luck with this set up.
    Trust me, I would do that, but Kevin doesn't want anything like that. He is really funny about things, and it told me it would look to 'shop-y'. It is in the kitchen so it is highly visible.

Quote Originally Posted by ncclimber
    Heres a pic of my grow room. I'll try to take some more pictures tonight as I have changed a few things around. The upper light is a 400 watt switchable HID light that I currently have a HPS bulb in. and the lower lights are 2 florescent shop lights with warm cool and full spectrum bulbs.
    *sigh* I envy you guys (and girls) who have "grow rooms". The only way I get a grow room is if I put an addition to the house. Your room set up is *just* what I would want.

Quote Originally Posted by ncclimber
    Heres a better one.
    ***DROOL*** I'm jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather
    Nice set up!! I like the shelving too. Oh, the possibilities!!! Sigh...
    I'm wiping the drool off my chin. I had to pick my jaw up.

I'm hungry.... I want the pesto I made for dinner. It's only 4:17 and I WANT DINNER!!

Quote Originally Posted by OrchidTraci
    *sigh* I envy you guys (and girls) who have "grow rooms". The only way I get a grow room is if I put an addition to the house. Your room set up is *just* what I would want.
    You have a house? Ok, I have a tiny (huge by NYC standards but tiny anywhere else) studio apartment....

But I totally understand about containing growing space. I have commercial chrome shelving (to hold the weight of all those damn books). I started with one shelf of plants, but then the books got moved to the floor and then the pots got moved into boxes and then.... So anyway, current count is something like 8-10 shoplights. This winter I may need more sun. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ki_in_NoVa
    You have a house? Ok, I have a tiny (huge by NYC standards but tiny anywhere else) studio apartment....

But I totally understand about containing growing space. I have commercial chrome shelving (to hold the weight of all those damn books). I started with one shelf of plants, but then the books got moved to the floor and then the pots got moved into boxes and then.... So anyway, current count is something like 8-10 shoplights. This winter I may need more sun. We shall see.
    Oh yeah, I had one of those "book" shelves! Lol, now it is a Cattleya shelf!

My problem is I can't hang anything from the ceiling - its in my lease. Sucks....I have a great room...but can't hang a light, at least I haven't figured out how yet...I'm working on it though, you can bet!