Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums
The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!
OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"
Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.
Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.
This is a discussion on My new (mini) Catts; names required within the New Growers: Ask the Senior Members forums, part of the New Growers category; Hi all, It's christmas all over. I've potted my 7 (10 separately potted 3) new ...
It's christmas all over. I've potted my 7 (10 separately potted 3) new catts last night but I'm not sure about all the names on the tags. I did some research and provided the ones I think they should be. There are no flowers yet so there's no real reference besides the names on the tags. Please help me to find out what the actual names are??
1. Blc. Wanda's Fire x Pot. Free Spirit --> I think this is correct although I can't find it on the RHS website.
2. Blc. (Mem. Boon Klong x Ewart McGregor) x Hauserman 'Firewings' --> which I think should be: (Rhynchosophrocattleya Memoria Boon Klong x Rhunchosophrocattleya Ewart McDonald ) x Sophrocattleya Hausermann's Firewings. The cross in brackets is called Rhynchosophrocattleya Boontime. (2x split)
3. Blc. Orange Tang x (Richard Muller x Daffodil) --> probably should be: Marriottara Golden Tang x (Brassophronitis Richard Mueller x Sophrocattleya Daffodil. The Daffodil is not on the RHS website but I think it's correct (Google).
4. Cattleya Pokai Tangerine x Chocolate Sun --> Blc Pokai Tangerine x Thwaitesara Chocolate Sun.
5. Cattleya Netrasiri Beauty --> this is correct. (2x split)
6. Brassolaeliocattleya Wanda's Fire --> OK
7. Blc. (Boon Klong x Ewart McGregor) x Steven Oliver 'Fouraker' --> same first cross as before: Rhynchosophrocattleya Boontime x Sophrocattleya Stephen Oliver Fouraker. (2x split)
As far as sizes go I think they should all stay below or around 12".
Anyway, I'm happy to have bagged my first Richard Mueller
Just to make everyone jealous all these were only $42 including shipping & handling.
Do you guys usually spray these right away with some End-All or something or is keeping them separate for a month or 2 sufficient?
I have seen it online called Lc Hausermann's Firewings....