Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums
The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!
OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"
Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.
Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.
This is a discussion on Lemon Coleslaw (for pulled pork sandwich) Pt.2 within the The 'NEW' Kitchen - off the Outback Terrace Bar forums, part of the The Outback Terrace Bar category; Description: This is the magical topper that MAKES this sandwich dizzingly delicious. Adding and little ...
Description: This is the magical topper that MAKES this sandwich dizzingly
delicious. Adding and little fresh ground sea salt and sugar to
sliced cabbage and grated carrots encourages their juices to
flow, so you can get away with just a jot of mayonnaise. This
makes this a very clean-tasting and fresh slaw...not too sweet.Serving Size: serves 4Time: 1 3/4 hours ( active time 40 minutes)Difficulty: Easy
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp myo
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground
- 4-5 cups thin sliced
- green cabbage
- 2 organic carrots
- 1 cup thinly cliced
- scallions ( 1 bunch)
- 1/2 cup chopped italian
- Wash and slice thin about 1 lb of green cabbage
- wash and grate 2 carrots
- wash and slice 1 bunch of scallions
- wash and chop about 1/2 cup of italian parsleyInstructions:
- Whisk together sour cream, mayo, water, sugar, salt, and pepper
- in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Zest one lemon into mixture, and add all the juice of that lemon
- ( this usually makes the 4 tbsp of juice )
- Add cabbage, carrots, scallions, and parsley and toss well.
- Refrigerate covered, for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to develop
- Season with S & P
Last edited by Brutal_Dreamer; June 9th, 2010 at 10:10 PM.
Yummy! Sounds great and tasty!