Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums
The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!
OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"
Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.
Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.
This is a discussion on Strawberry Ripple Fruitloaf within the The 'NEW' Kitchen - off the Outback Terrace Bar forums, part of the The Outback Terrace Bar category; Description: A rather interesting loaf, good with tea and coffee. Difficulty: Easy Ingredients: 1c castor ...
Description: A rather interesting loaf, good with tea and coffee.Difficulty: Easy
- 1c castor sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1c cultured buttermilk
- 1/2c melted butteror canola oil
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 1tsp b soda
- 2c peeled and diced fresh fruit such as nectarines, peaches, pears...
- 1/2c reduced sugar strawberry jam
- 1tblsp soften butter
- 3tblsp castor sugar
- 1 1/2 tblsp flourPreparation:
- preheat oven to 180 degrees c.
- line a loaf tin with baking paper.Instructions:
- In a large bowl, put the sugar, egg, buttermilk, and butter or oil and stir together till smooth.
- Sift the flour and baking soda together and fold into buttermilk mixture with the fresh fruit.
- Turn 1/3 the loaf mixture into baking paper-lined loaf tin. Spoon over half the jam, making swirls in the batter. Repeat the layers and finish with a layer of batter.
- For the topping, rub butter and sugar and flour and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for about one hr, or until skewar comes out clean. Cool and serve warm or cold cut into slices with extra fruit and yoghurt.
Hey Jordan...I've never heard of "castor sugar." What is that? Betty
It's what we call granulated sugar.
Thanks very much, Susan! Betty :-)
I was wondering that too.
its just super fine sugar i think, almost like coarse flour, if thats how you want to put it...Just use regular sugar, i always do, or if you can be bothered, buy it in the sugar section for a bit more than regular (its only been ground down), or make it yourself with a pestle and mortar or something else.
Thanks, Jordan, and I, too like funny cats...have one myself! I like funny people, too! Betty :-)
lol nice one betty, ive got a fat cat, not a funny cat-she likes to hunt birds so she eats too many-but she is funny when she attacks inanimate objects