Quote Originally Posted by gjanick1 View Post
Thanks. I have a question for you. Is my plant a peloric or is it a splash? What is the difference? There are two sellers in India that have had this orchid in the past, and the title of the plant is Dendrobium Dawn Maree Splash. I know my plant is very rare. It is my understanding that a 'splash' orchid is a form of being peloric. What is your opinion? Thanks, Greg.
'Splash' is just the name given to this orchid. It doesn't mean it is peloric. Peloric describes the shape of an orchid (or flower, or plant leaves, ect..). Here is a great article about peloric and a good definition: "Peloria is a term used to describe the condition when usually irregular flowers, such as those of the typically bisymmetrical orchid, produce floral parts of each set that are alike, thus achieving radial symmetry (more or less). The term peloria (interestingly, Greek for monster) was coined by Linnaeus, the 18th-century Swedish botanist who established the binomial system of nomenclature, after he observed the condition on Linaria vulgaris (butter-and-eggs)." from orchids.org

cheers,
BD