Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bl Richard Mueller and it's crosses

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

well, I am not getting much help here, one from Paul, I know others must have these crosses in their collections.

This next one is Blc Copper Queen which is a cross of Bl Richard Mueller x Toshie Aoki

Favorite Orchid(s)
    Phal Vanda Aer Angrm Catts

Seriously -- I'm getting orchid envy! Should you ever decide to mericlone the Bonanza Quuen--awarded or not--put me on the list of buyers! Man of man -- those are all beauties! I like the last one too!

Favorite Orchid(s)
    whatever will bloom
    Member's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ron-NY View Post
    Paul it is a lovely cross of Bl. Richard Mueller x Slc. Tangerine Jewel. Is it fragrant?
    Unfortunately, no. But the fact that it fits my "mini" requirements and has survived some remarkable abuse makes up for that. [I once went home for Xmas break and was in such a hurry I left it with the pot COMPLETELY immersed in water. I was gone for 2 weeks and it not only didn't lose any roots, it bloomed really nicely for me the month after]

It is Blc Meiner Seele Schatz a cross of C Penney Kuroda ‘Spots’ X Bl Richard Mueller

I like this one ... has almost a species look to it.

This is Blc. Haleahi Sunbow x Bl. Richard Mueller. Haleahi Sunbow

Does this one keep the pink? Looks like a relatively small plant.

well, I am not getting much help here, one from Paul, I know others must have these crosses in their collections.
    I don't know, Ron. I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't often see the Mueller crosses at shows or even in catelogs. In fact I can't remember the last time I saw another 'Super Spots'. Does seem strange since the form of the Mueller crosses is generally quite nice and the color change can be quite appealing too, IMO.

Real Name
    Angie
    My Grow Area
    Windowsill

Sorry, Ron, I hate to admit it, but I don't have any Richard Mueller crosses and therefore have no pictures to post. (I guess the closest thing I have to any of these is Little Stars x Maikai, but it's not in bloom right now anyway. )

I am, however, enjoying all the pictures you've posted so far. The Blc. Haleahi Sunbow cross is a beauty.

Little Stars x Maikai is a very nice cross also with star-shaped flowers. I originally bought a bunch of this seedling cross from a Hawaiian vendor and have used a few of them in trades. I still have a few of them left to bloom out for myself.
    I guess I haven't seen too many at shows either. I have a favorite vendor in Florida that I buy from when I go down there and there is another vendor with an online store that carries some. And a google search for Bl Richard Mueller X can be very helpful in locating a new cross for me.

Earlier there was mention of Blc. Haiku Dawn. which is Blc Gonzelle X Bl Richard Mueller. It is a fairly new addition to my Bl Richard Mueller collection and have only bloomed it once so far. It reminds me of Copper Queen but with a more compact flower and vegetatively as well.

It has been fun collecting around a theme. I have a few Richard Mueller crosses that I haven't bloomed yet and have those to look forward to this year. One of the fist Richard Mueller crosses in my collection was Blc Rustic Spots. This is a cross of C. Landate x Richard Mueller. It has a nice color change as well.

Real Name
    Richard
    My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Phals, Oncs, Neos, Paphs
    Member's Country Flag

Ron, what are you doing to us. I'm sure most of us are going out this weekend shopping for Richard Mueller crosses.
    Sorry, no help with pictures here. The only one I have is: Marriotta Golden Tang x (Brassophronitis Richard Mueller x Sophrocattleya Daffodil) and it hasn't bloomed yet. It has 3 new growths so hopefully by the end of the summer I'll have something to add to this spectacular display of Richard Mueller crosses.

Richard, if you notice, I refuse to use the current name changes with Laelias. Sorry, I just can not accept some of these...There is no way I will ever call a Laelia purpurata, a Sophronitis purpurata. The same with the Rupicolous Laelias, they may need a new genus but not Sophronitis. My Golden Tang is remaining a Blc and not a Marriota

Real Name
    Richard
    My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Phals, Oncs, Neos, Paphs
    Member's Country Flag

I know what you mean Ron, it's really a pain they keep on changing the names around. I'm purely using the "new" names because I research the parentage of my plants on RHS to ensure I can provide them with as good as an environment as I can and the names they use there tend to sick and end up in my Excel Orchid Program.
    So I have a Blc Golden Tang x (Bl Richard Mueller x Lc. Daffodil). Sorry for any confusion.

Another nice feature of these crosses is they bloom off of every new growth giving 2 or 3 times a year that you have blooms.

Bl Yellow Bird is B. grandiflora crossed with Bl. Richard Mueller. It is very Brassavola-like in shape from being 3/4 Brassavola. It too starts out orange and the tepals change to yellow.