I blew it! This no shopping thing has been killing me! It's like all work and no shopping make gimpy here an unhappy girl!! lol Sooooo, I broke down and went to my favorite (and usually inexpensive...not today!) nursery. My husband said the magic words....he offered to take me. And when he offered I couldn't say no.
I broght home an Amethystoglossa cross and a Toshie cross, in the catt. department. And a monster of a dendrobium with 4 developing spikes. It is tagless and thus will be a fun suprise when it blooms for me. lol It was so huge and shoved in with a ton of species from Brazil. He tried to get me to buy the most amazing 'Cinnamon Stick', originally from a well known grower and a piece apparently of the originally awarded plant. But, me being a major cheapo wouldn't spring for the additional money even though my sweetheart of a husband was going to get it for me. I would prefer a collector get that one so I don't mess up and kill that expensive a plant. It had three large flowers on it, and I got to smell it. He also tried to send a monster purple floofie with me, but the shelves just can't handle any more large types right now. Not until I get the porch closed off....soon!
I am still happy as a clam though....I have wanted one of those adorable pink amethy's for quite awhile. And the Toshie cross....well it's been on my list forever!
Hope you all enjoy the pics...
Connie

this first pic shows the whole group....

Name:  Pink&Splash 040.jpg
Views: 1486
Size:  38.1 KB

then there is the big tall no name dendrobium with 4 spikes....so far

Name:  Pink&Splash 007.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  35.2 KB

the next two are of Blc. Kuan Miao Chen 'Chinese Dragon'

Name:  Pink&Splash 011.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  30.4 KB

Name:  Pink&Splash 015.jpg