LOL @ the orchid hero comment....truthfully, I just like culture methods that require the least amount of work!!

I actually have this one like "sitting" on a piece of clear scotch tape that I looped inside the vase and is stuck to the sides...its a little tall so it would fall all the way down if the tape wasn't there. I like the clear tape bc its not as visible and it holds really well, and doesn't slip off when you're watering like some other tapes do.

This puppy has 2 new growths, and the larger of the two looks to be about 4-6 months from flowering. I'm hoping it'll flower in the summer, then I can take it to my orchid club meeting and freak everyone out They were REALLY flabbergasted by my plants in SH, so they'll be totally confused by this one growing in water!! (Note: most of the members are over 50 and prefer their traditional bark/chip mixes for growing, but were intrigued by the hydroton

Isn't it fun to break conventions?

PS - I forgot to mention, I read somewhere that the algae in the water is good for gas exchange, since it produces oxygen....not sure if it really helps the roots or not, but it doesn't appear to be causing any problems, so I kinda just leave it be