Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new member

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    My Grow Area
    On a Windowsill.
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    phrags
    Member's Country Flag

Smile new member

Hi,
    I saw where Pete Paphraguy mentioned this forum on another forum...so here I am. Some of you might know me as Tilly(a nickname I have used on other forums).

After I got hit with a computer worm from another forum, I have been hesitant to join another forum again, but I really want to share my orchid growing and also need advice from more experienced growers from time to time. Also, the free orchid give away was good incentive,too!
    Especially, with my big 55 birthday coming up May 24. That would be a great birthday surprise.

I have been growing in my home for four years...this spring hubby built what I call lovingly a "treehouse greenhouse". It is a growing area off our sunroom-dining room that is or I should say was a deck about 12ft off the ground, hence" treehouse greenhouse."

I grow a little bit of everything, paphs, phrags, dends,oncids,milts, catts, mini catts, vandas,phals...some species...too many!

Happy Growing!
    Gilda

Real Name
    Louis J. Aszod
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleya
    Member's Country Flag

We grow a bit of everything too, and wish we had the space to grow a bit of everything more!

Very glad you're here, Gilda.

Hi, Tilly! Nice to see you here. This forum is very easy to use and I like it so much better.

My Grow Area
    On a Windowsill.
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    phrags
    Member's Country Flag

Thank you Louis...I was beginning to think I had posted on the wrong board....no one seemed to be home on this one.
    Gilda

Default Hi!

Hi Tilly!
    I'm new too! From one of the other forums as well (know of two that Peter frequents...)

Anyway - this is so fun! I've already learned a couple of new things this hour! Yippee!

Default Hi Gilda. I'm with you on this one!

I saw the post on the other forum refering us to this one. I just signed on. The other forum had lost so many message lately, I couldn't keep up! Hope to see you here again. ps-my hubby's b-day is May 24 as well. He'll be the big 3-5 this year!

Default Re: new member

Welcome Gilda,
    I am new also and just in the Orchid business to enjoy the beauty of the plant. I let rv-orchidworks do the growing part and I do the enjoying portion of it.
    Again welcome,
    Barbara

Originally posted by Gilda
    Hi,
    I saw where Pete Paphraguy mentioned this forum on another forum...so here I am. Some of you might know me as Tilly(a nickname I have used on other forums).

After I got hit with a computer worm from another forum, I have been hesitant to join another forum again, but I really want to share my orchid growing and also need advice from more experienced growers from time to time. Also, the free orchid give away was good incentive,too!
    Especially, with my big 55 birthday coming up May 24. That would be a great birthday surprise.

I have been growing in my home for four years...this spring hubby built what I call lovingly a "treehouse greenhouse". It is a growing area off our sunroom-dining room that is or I should say was a deck about 12ft off the ground, hence" treehouse greenhouse."

I grow a little bit of everything, paphs, phrags, dends,oncids,milts, catts, mini catts, vandas,phals...some species...too many!

Happy Growing!
    Gilda

My Grow Area
    On a Windowsill.
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    phrags
    Member's Country Flag

Hi To ALL!!!
    I like this forum better,too. Callie, tell your hubby I said Happy Birthday Monday!

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Default Welcome!

Hi everyone! Welcome to OrchidTalk! I am so glad to see all of you folks here. I look forward to learning from everyone too!

Cheers!

Brutal Dreamer

As another new member I just wanted to say 'hello' to everyone.

Seems Peter has done his fair share of recruiting!

Máire