Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Thread: 2005 Paph Forum-Washington D.C.

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Default 2005 Paph Forum-Washington D.C.

Here are some shots of the Paph Forum from yesterday. The shots aren't first class but you'll get the idea. If you are a paphhead this is the place to be in 2006! I've never seen so many paphs displayed in one place!

My favorite was a tiny cypripedium that was on display I believe from Woodstream! I bought a flask of thailanense (callosum var. thailanense) and a appletonium/hainanense in bud. Not as much damage as I expected!

It was nice meeting Orchid Talk members, John and Ki, at the event! I hope to see you both again soon!

My "gotta-have" list grew considerably. I added Paph. Norito Hasegawa, any cyp I can grow, malipoense, several more delanatiis, and more of Marriott's complexes!

Default Thank you

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Do you have more photos? That was gorgeous. I must go to DC next year. How was the commercial section? Lots of fine plants? Would you say it is worth flying over from Europe or are there better shows for Paphs?

Yours

My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    paphs, phrags, catts, vandas
    Member's Country Flag

very nice! thanks for sharing. good thing I wasn't there or else I would have defaulted on my student loans.

Wentworth,

I will have more photos in a few days as my Virginia Orchid Society buddy, Allen Black, sends his over to me. He has a very nice site up with lots of quality photos. I don't doubt that he will come through with MUCH better stuff than my snapshots!

The nice thing about this gathering was that it was for paph/phrag lovers only! The entire vendor area were slippers, slippers, slippers!!! Most popular modern and new crosses as well as species were available for purchase. Many of them at very reasonable prices.

I have not attended any of the other Slipper Alliance gatherings including the Paph Guild in January on the left coast. The future of the Paph Guild is in question with the passing of Norris Powell. He was a big organizer and promotor of the event. Who knows, maybe daughter Patti will continue the fine tradition! I believe the Paph Guild may be a two-day event but I'm not sure. Online details of their program are hard to come by!

The speaker lineup was superb! I believe it may be worth a trip over next year! You could also couple it with a National Botanical tour,
    Smithsonian, D.C. sights. 2007 will be the 400th anniversary of Jamestown, VA and events are planned throughout the year in Jamestown, Williamsburg, and Yorktown. That may be a nice time to come over as well! Heck, come for the Forum in both '06 and '07!!!
    I'll forward the new photos from Allen Black as they are received.

Default Thxs for the info

Thank you, Garland. I really appreciate your taking the time to answer my question. Of course the recent clamp down on exports & imports will not help to improve the situation.
    Happy growing

Garland, thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures! I sure enjoyed seeing them!