So, I entered a couple of orchids for the very first time last April (2008). Of the three I entered, my S. japonica won 2nd place in it's class. It was such a surprise and I have never really "raised" orchids for show. I schlepped my plants 99 miles south and entered this show that a friend was involved in and I got a little red ribbon!!

My little ribbon hangs on the wall above this computer in my office. I was looking at it the other day and wondering: how many of us have entered a plant in a show? how did your plant do? will/have you do/done it again? what have/would you do differently to prepare your plant?

Now, I can't imagine myself trying for an AM or an HCC or anything like that....I enter little road races and triathlons every now and then and I won't qualify for Boston or Kona..... If someone didn't enter then what would the shows be for? Okay....long story to get some reader motivated to answer or think about participating or to tell their story about participating. I would love to know!
Thanks!