Dear Experts,

I made an effort to find pics on the website that resemble the one below, but I didn't have any luck and though it easier to post this query. I realize I'm not the first one to have this problem with a Phal (below)!

I bought this Phal already planted in the original plastic container, with a bark medium. I had cut the flower spike and pretty much water it every 1.5 weeks. It has sufficient but not too much light. I thought at first it was a sun burn but I believe its progression of size and color indicates something else....

I'm not sure why my Phal has the spot it does in the pic below. If someone were to recommend that I cut out the rot, would that mean cutting, with a sterile razor, the area around the spot or would the whole leaf have to go. I hate the idea of depriving the plant its "real estate" available to photosynthesize. Plants do need their leaves! I also realize that sodium/cinnamon is required to seal the wound. The spot has grown and began as something of a light yellow and has no progressed to the dead zone at the bull's eye!

I really appreciate your taking the time to read my query and examining the pic.

Best of orchid growing to you!

Don

Name:  Sick plants 002.JPG
Views: 2086
Size:  67.3 KB