Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Entertainment

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Catts and Paphs
    Member's Country Flag

Talking New Entertainment

Okay - since Julie and I are battling it out for the title of wierdest grower on the forum, I think we should settle it publicly...sort of.

So Tim, how about the worlds championship lady orchid grower wierdness mud wrestling match at the bar? Winner gets first chance to offer Hoa a 20 lb box of parisian chocolates Hee Hee Hee...

All ladies welcome to participate, bribing the judges is encouraged! NO THONGS on the wrestlers... guys, you can wear thongs if you want.....

C`mon Julie, the Wrinkled Wierdo of California is waiting for an answer to her challenge!!!

PS the runner up just gets a 20 lb box of parisian chocolates to console herself....

Real Name
    Tim
    My Grow Area
    Porch/Patio.
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Paphiopedilums
    Member's Country Flag

oh me.. oh my... do we need a license for this kind of entertainment...

o'course I'm all for anything that has trialling of possible orchid growing medium...

but this thongs... umm... y'all don't really want to see me in a thong.. I mean.. my toes are just.. well let's just say that i have short stumpy toes...

y'know, the more I think about this, the more I am liking it... I mean think of all the positives..

1. this is a form of excercise
    2. learning experience... ie mud as a media
    3. and economic support for Paris (by way of chocolates of course).. maybe after this they can finally afford to pay someone to pick up doggie doos on the streets...

so as they say.. "Bring It On!"

Oh Dear ... Oh Mine ...
    Our Ladies in Residence just coughed up another one!!!

But what the heck, Count me in, Count ME IN...I am all for it ... HeeHeeHehee!

What a fantastic idea!!!!
    I am with you, Tim-O, just think of all the good things that would come of it, you are right, we need to support those Parisians by buying their chocolates, they need the extra incomes ...
    Where do I get the tickets for the matches? I dun't know about the thong thang but Speedo will do just fine, what do y'all ladies think about that? (Well, I have to wear one at times anyway!) If the guys are game, what should we expect of the ladies????

Your bar will be jam-packed, Tim-O. I couldn't hardly wait... Could be the best event ever staged at your bar!

Hehehe...

You guys crack me up... This is way too much fun...
    Last edited by Hoa Tony Nguyen; January 24th, 2006 at 08:16 PM.

My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    All types
    Member's Country Flag

Can I bring the mud , and collect the $$ at the door .
    I will wear my Mu Mu ...promise lolol .

Nothing like Missouri mud!!!

Oh dear...I've been away from the forum for a few hours and look what happens!

I need to consult with my legal and marketing departments before I can issue a public response to this challenge...will be back shortly!

Julie

My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Catts and Paphs
    Member's Country Flag

[quote=bench72]maybe after this they can finally afford to pay someone to pick up doggie doos on the streets...

quote]

That`s not doggie poop - - that`s 'ambiance'

(ambiance, that's french for : Watch where you step)

My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Catts and Paphs
    Member's Country Flag

Default Regulation Wrestling Rules

I have made up.... err , looked up slight error there the regulations for wrestling matches between weird orchid lovers. The key items are listed below

The regulation size for the ring is however big a play-pool full of mud can fit in Tim`s bar. The mud must be from Missouri - and thawed. 6 inches deep.

In the ring must be placed 3 small tables, each with a blooming orchid plant on it. One Catt, one Phal, and one Paph or Phrag. Any other orchid loving woman from the state of Missouri, who is over 29 can referee. Gee, Gin, did I mention your my favorite person on the forum?? Bribing of the judges is highly encouraged, and probably very effective....Must have judges from at least 2 and preferably 3 continents

The match is over when one of 2 conditions are met - - either one of the contestants condedes by saying:

My Favorite Plant is actually made of Silk!

OR

One of the contestants commits one of the fouls listed below.

1. Takes time to admire the form, color or fragrance of any of the the blooms

2. Takes time to admire the foliage of any of the orchids

3. Checks the plants potting media for moisture

4. Checks the roots of any plant for rot

5. Checks any of the plants for insects, virus, fungus other illnesses

6. Tries to read the name tag of any of The plants

The WINNER receives the title of Weirdest Orchid Addict, the opportunity to offer a 20 lb box of Parisian chocolates to the male attendee of her choice, and hot shower.
    (all taxes, fees, licenses, angry boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, wives, significant others, children, grandchildren or great-grandchildren are the sole responsibility of the winner)

The LOSER gets the fat equivalent of 20 lbs of Swiss chocolates, injected directly into her hips, has to clean up the bar and then will be hosed off with cold water.

Who`s up for judging??????

My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    All types
    Member's Country Flag

I'll referee bring on the bribes I mean Perks .
    more rules ... hair pulling is allowed so is kicking and eye poking .
    objects in the ring are allowed to use as weapons except for chocolates and speedos.
    removal of wrestling attire on opponent is allowed .
    contestants will be disqualified if Ref. is attacked .

bty I like big plants , no puny one rooters . he he

jin da judge

!!!!LOL!!!!

I'll yell and carry-on really loudly from the audience and throw my slow growing seedlings, and unproductive NoID's at the wrestlers to encourage bad behavior!