Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new contest!

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow...I've never been called a herione before. If the story ran any longer, I'd be a heron. Color and greatness unspecified...

Wolf, you called me an avid orchid fanatic. Is that better or worse than a herione? (Attempting here to weigh the flattery - ultimately the decider in any close competition.) But you get points for sucking up to my "wonderful and rare collection." er...I have a Baldan's blooming right now, too...

Hmm...last call for submissions! Multiple entries are welcome!

Julie

WOW!!! Great story that you weave together, Diane! I laughed so hard! Hehehe!!!!!

Our Herione! What a choice of word! Couldn't stop laughing! Hehehe! I am chokin' on it!!! Hhheelppp!!!

Just don't drool, Hoa, or we'll be wading in spittal...

Julie

Real Name
    Tim
    My Grow Area
    Porch/Patio.
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Paphiopedilums
    Member's Country Flag

it was just another hot sticky arvo when Dezza (Diane) and Jezza (Julie) were hanging out at the o-chid house, just checkin out all nuthins like Baldans and Pulsars and stuff!

So then Dezza says to Jezza, "so hows bout some coldies aye?"

Jezza goes "yeah, o-right, you keep me o-chids cumpnee, and I'll hook us a couple cold ones!"

Thing is, Jezza goes through the back door, swings by the outdoor dunny where a chirping was a-heard! In there, stuck tween the tin roof, was one o-them crazee budgies!

Well, there was nuthin for it, so Jezza goes up and grabs the little tyke! Starts back and...

all's well... until,

"BaNg!"

darn that door! and "ouch" is that a finger still in there!

well at least the bird's ok... and hey, if ur going for a cold bitter, doubles up as an ice pack!

ROFLMAO!! Good on ya, Tim-O!

I've used said ice packs in the past! Does saving the budgie make me a herione?

Jeeza

More photos...

(no fracture.) The joint on the top knuckle of the ring finger looks a bit crooked, because the fingertip wasn't flat on the film (it was hooked like a mallett.)

I see the hand dude tomorrow. (Hence I had to pick up the x-rays today.)

Look at all of those bones at the base of the palm. Looks like a pile if rubble. It's amazing our hands know how to work!

Julie
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Catts and Paphs
    Member's Country Flag

Unhappy

Well I don't know if saving the Budgie makes you a herione - but I'm STILL waiting for that cold one! Sure hope the finger is "saveable" for your piping.

I'm a little calmer now than I was the first evening. It's either not a big deal and I just have to keep it splinted for 6-8 weeks. Clumsy as that is for typing and writing, and ...well, everything else. Or, it will need surgery. Or (worse yet) it will need surgery, and piping will be effected.

My guess (and I know squat about hand/finger injuries) is that I'll still be able to pipe generally. But I don't want to loose the flexibility and precision necessary for competitive piping. That could be an issue. Not worth conjecture now, though. Will see the guy soon enough and find out.

LOL, Diane! The friends who drove me home from the ER on Monday were the ones who insisted I needed a better story. I was over at their place this afternoon and read the suggested alternate versions of the truth.

Herb, who's quite a fisherman and thoroughly understands the rapid evolution of 'big fish' stories, had a unique appreciation for your....yarn, we'll call it. He looked at me with an intense, beamy gaze, and said, "You know, anyone who writes that well, doesn't let a typo like that slip. I bet you anything herione is some rare, exotic bird!"

I did consult a dictionary. I only have one question for you - did you actually spot a herione while you were over there, or were you just aware of their exisitence?

Julie

PS - My imanginarious wildii, recently wild-collected, is about to bloom. I'll post photos!

Sorry to hear about your finger. I hope it turns out allright. Those wrist bones always fasinated me too!!!
    I should of had you guys give me a better story when I knocked a wine bottle that was sitting on the floor of my pantry onto my little toe and broke it. The toe not the bottle.
    Shalene

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Weird contest julie! But fun as per usual! That is a cool x-ray too. I hope your finger is better soon!

Cheers!
    BD