Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
PHEW! I have at last established that it's a Bulbo Arfakianum, which I'm unsure what to do to give it a fighting chance to bloom OR survive... The heat, light, watering, humidity & air distribution isn't a problem (I have that much sorted) but I'm at a loss when it comes to potting it or mounting it... My photo's show the state of the plant when I received it, but have now re-potted it in a mix of bark & pearlite within a basket and have buried all the roots as best I can coz they weren't very long and so the plant is sitting shallow in its pot!. However, I'd really like to know if it would be better if I mounted it? BUT, I've never done this before with any other of my plants... I'd sure like some help if you can? Such as how to do this best? I've only heard that you can use nylon fishing line to secure the pant, but to what I secure it to, hell knows! It's 'looking' healthy (which is at least something) but ??? :-(
From what I know of B. arfakianum they do best grown in pots or baskets with a media mix that retains some moisture but it does not like to stay constantly wet. Requirements are warm temperatures and light shade. I would try to find something else to add to your mix other then bark and pearlite not sure that is enough to hold the moisture it needs between watering, go with what you have it in now and keep an eye on the leaves as if it is not getting enough moisture it will let you know and if required you might add a little bit of cut up sphagnum to the mix for moisture retention.