Quote Originally Posted by Brutal_Dreamer View Post
Wow, that is so pretty! I love the variety in the blooms.

cheers,
BD
Thank you so much

---------- Post Merged at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsetman View Post
I looked up the cross in Orchidwiz, having never heard of this generic grouping. It involves four "distinct " genera, namely cattleya, brassavola, Gurianthe ( which used to be cattleya) and - which is the really novel bit - Broughtonia. Of course Broughtonia has been used with Cattleya before - to make cattleytonia - but they went out of fashion for some reason ( short-lived flowers ? ) .
But this is certainly interesting, and worth a buy should it ever come my way... doubtful when the whole world is on lockdown - and will we ever get back to what we used to think was normal ? In my lifetime ? - with me planning my 90th birthday bash ?
Happy Birthday

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsetman View Post
I looked up the cross in Orchidwiz, having never heard of this generic grouping. It involves four "distinct " genera, namely cattleya, brassavola, Gurianthe ( which used to be cattleya) and - which is the really novel bit - Broughtonia. Of course Broughtonia has been used with Cattleya before - to make cattleytonia - but they went out of fashion for some reason ( short-lived flowers ? ) .
But this is certainly interesting, and worth a buy should it ever come my way... doubtful when the whole world is on lockdown - and will we ever get back to what we used to think was normal ? In my lifetime ? - with me planning my 90th birthday bash ?
Happy Birthday