Do I have a challenge for you!

It has been a long time since I last posted. When I lived in New Hampshire USA, I could grow and bloom nearly anything in my home (except for the plants that are far outside of home conditions). I now live at 7,500 feet in Colorado and can hardly grow anything. My phrag sits looking sullen and has never bloomed. My phals occasionally bloom, but not like they did before. I gave away most of my many plants before they plumb croaked on me. I am fairly knowledgeable, but can't figure it out. Is it my tap water? Do my newer condo windows have a coating on them that starves my plants of a critical band of UV? Do I not have enough of an average temp differential between night and day to induce blooming? I dunno. But I want to try again.

Looking for recommendations for compact growers that like drier conditions (my winter humidity is kept at 30%, but it is much drier in summer). I provide gravel trays. Light is generally northeast to east. I have a window that gets early sun, then not much, and none in winter (with temps ranging from 52 to 65F in winter), and one window that gets sun until about noon (temps ranging from 55 to 68-70F, and one north window (temps ranging from 53 to 65F). Temps in summer are all over the place due to altitude and lack of air conditioning. I can put plants outdoors in summer as long as I take care that nighttime temps don't drop too far.

Looking for big bang for the buck, hardy, adaptable plants, compact growers, compact inflorescence, fragrance would be a great bonus as would long-lasting blooms, or multiple blooms per year. No common phals, please, or floofy catts, or Onc Twinkle/Sharry Baby. Plants that require a dormancy or are deciduous would not be a good bet.

I am already trying:
Den. kingianum
Zygopetalum 'Blue Blazes'
Sedirea japonica
Neostylis Lou Sneary 'Bluebird'

Go! (love you in advance!)