Hi and sincere apologies for the lapse in responding, but I have been busy on this project.

I was using the tap water MSU, so no Mg and no Ca. And it was a granula.

So, on top of no Mg and no Ca, I determined that my baseline TDS is 650-675 (well and faucet), at pH 7.4. Add to that fertilizer, and not only was the TDS enough to kill even me, but at the high pH, some nutrients were no longer available. No wonder I have any orchids still alive!

I have an under sink RO system that I use for all drinking, cooking and pet water, and ice. It reads 50 ppm right now, pH 6.4

My new regimen (after research into the local well water, what other local orchid growers are doing, and RO/hydroponic growers are doing) is:
2 gal RO
1/2 tsp Better Go 20-14-13 (doesn't have Ca and Mg)
1/2 tsp CaliMagic

The result is 250 ppm TDS, pH 6.2

I have a pump sprayer and use this daily to 2-3X week, depending upon the plant.

They have responded spectacularly! Yes, it is spring (here is SW FL), but I think that the change in roots and new growth is because finally they are not drowning in salt water, AND they actually have the proper nutrients!!!

I am going to install a higher capacity outdoor RO system to support the orchids to have. My undersink at 2 gal resevoir can't support my watering needs (I fill buckets constantly throughout the day), and I can hook the new system in off of the softened water. I'm working with my well guy.

Ah chemistry!
Carolyn