Name:  L.Gold-Digger.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  116.9 KB

This is a named clone of this popular grew, but I forget which one.

The rubber gloves are not me sheltering from the dreaded Corona virus, but me protecting my skin from drying out due to being in water too often ; I put a hand cream on first - then can't handle plants because I don't want them greasy, then don the rubber gloves. Keeps the handcream on for long enough to really soak in. Then slugs and snails, and other nasties are squashed between finger and thumb. I wouldn't do that without gloves, not just being squeamish, but they can carry quite nasty diseases - after all they spend part of their time crawling over the surface of the soil outside - and you wouldn't want to wipe your hands on the soil and then go and eat your dinner, corona or no corona, would you !

Over here in UK as of now ( Saturday night) we have almost 200 deaths ; the increase is about 33% per day in most western states. Italy has more than China had , which remains unexplained.
Our schools, theatres, clubs, pubs and gyms are now all closed. People over 70 are advised to self-isolate; I'm well over that, and the death rate for my age group ( approaching 90) is 40%. However I spoke to our National Health System help-line, and got transferred to Public Health England who advise the government, and told them about my health ( very good) and that I had just come back from a walking holiday, did a bit of boasting about how many miles I walked in a day and how many thousand feet climbed, etc, and was given the go ahead NOT to self-isolate. So I went for a walk in,perfect Spring weather ( apart from a strong cold wind blowing from the north pole ) today. Did 7 miles in a rough ellipse around one of the rivers which flows into the sea here. And felt great for it. Lots of Vitamin D, lots of fresh air....