Quote Originally Posted by magmaraft View Post
Indeed, I'm not sure but did you put it in a smaller pot before, and will just transfer it when it becomes too big for the pot?
That's a good question because this species doesn't like its roots to be disturbed. So they say at least.

I did repot it once several years ago and I lifted the whole root ball over to a container with equal parts large bark and LECA. Then one day when it had become quite big, it fell during a summer storm and the pot broke. I just lifted the whole thing over to another terracotta pot with only LECA and it continued growing for a couple of years as if nothing had happened. Believe it or not, the plant fell again during a storm in 2019 and I almost thought it was the end of it. Again, I repeated the process of lifting it over to an even bigger pot. As you can see, the plant seems completely unaffected. I cannot really tell when the plant needs water anymore so I have just decided to water it every second week during winter and every week during summer and that seems to work.