I just signed up on here, but as you already heard from others, with this recipe there are some changes. 1st of all, when you cook any kind of starch, the heat breaks it down into the simplest form which for starch is sugars. Second, the honey adds many things that are beneficiary to the mix, however there is also a bacteria found in honey so you need to be careful and make sure to cook the honey and water properly to kill the bacteria. I would use the honey, cooked potato and agar but I would also add some crushed charcoal as carbon is the basic building block for all plants as well as some kind of orchid fertilizer with micro and macro nutrients for the orchids. I have not tried home made recipes for agar and seed sowing, but if you add banana, be careful as too much will inhibit germination because of complex carbs and nutrient and water uptake by protocorms. You should only add 5- 10 grams per liter of banana powder as this is more than enough to keep protocorms from browning out as they grow. I have read alot about orchids and I know that most people who make their own medium for sowing and replating only use 5 - 10 grams of banana and I would follow that advice. I added about 6 grams per liter in my premixed medium as it will keep protocorms growing beyond normal 1st replate. I hope this advice helps and if you have anymore questions I talk with someone in australia who has given me incredible advice for in vitro culture of orchids.