When I have repotted I have followed the directions/recommendations on size of pot and I have read everything I can find on this matter and all other orchid matters I am dealing with. I have caught the orchid bug and I am trying to resist adding to my plants faster than my knowledge base, but the plants are becoming irrisistable. Anyway, the question is this: most plants seem to prefer small pots and some of the recommendations seem very small for the orchid in question at the time. If the pot is the right size for the size of the plant, what about the roots? Some of the plants, although needing a small pot have quite sizeable root structures in comparison to the size of the plant and I do not know whether it is okay to force the root system into a seemingly too small pot or whether I should in some way trim the roots.(I already know to take off any damaged or dead roots).I would also appreciate anyone e-mailing me with info regarding online vendors they find send good plantsi.e plants of good quality as opposed to rare types. At this point all I want is to add plants that look attractive to me and are easier to grow(until I know what I am doing better)Thanks