Hello

I am considering extending my little orchid obsession, with a foray into the world of paphs. I have been converted by the recent pictures of St Swithin and Paph Spotglen Doodlebug x Duncan York Southard. However, before I take the plunge, I was wondering if anyone out there can recommend some ancestries (or however you call it) that I should look out for. I'm taking hubby (who has yet to be converted but is showing interest in a cymbidium) to an orchid show this weekend, and I thought it might be a good place to look.

So i had a look on the info forum, and it seems like they can be quite varied in their needs. I have direct sun in my bedroom and dining room windows which face South East and have nothing to stand in it's way so you get it until about midday (By 2pm today the sun had swung round enough that it was no longer shining directly on my poor fuchsia who are the current residents of those window sills!). So we get hours and hours of it. My kitchen window faces South west-ish and in the summer gets a lot of afternoon sun, and is generally bright in the morning as there is also a glass door. My living room has a glass doors all the way across facing slightly north west, but enough west that you can sit on the patio outside and get all the sun you can handle in the evening. It does get a tad too hot in the room itself in summer for me!

Anyway, bearing in mind my conditions, are there any big no-no's for me to avoid? Any suggestions of where I should start? Any help would be appreciated, as I don't want to go and splurge on my first paph only to find that it won't like my flat.

Thanks a lot