I guess this would be considered a breeding topic. A month ago I decided I wanted to get some of my phalenopsis to make keikis. I did some research to see if there was a way to initiate them. I found a few products that I though I would give a try. The first is KeikiPro. I got a small bottle of this and gave it a try on a couple orchids. I got mixed results but so far I am happy with the results I got. I tried it on a Phal that I have that didn't want to bloom this year. It started a spike in Nov but stopped growing while it was still just a nub. I put keikipro on that nub and around the base of the leaves to try to get some of the aventious nodes to form keikis. What I got was 4 spikes initiating. One formed out of the old nub and three new ones. I also noticed that there are some small growths several leaves down that look like they may also be spiking. I have only gotten a max of 2 spikes out of my phals so needless to say I am quite happy. Here are some pictures of that Phal. I also tried this around the base of the leaves on two other phals but no results yet. I tried it on a backbud of a cat I have and nothing there either. I also bought KeikiGrow KeikiRoot and BloomBooster. I have gotten better results from these. I have not yet used Keikiroot. I used KeikiGrow on 3 nodes of a spike on a different phal annd now have three growths. They are not differentiated enough for me to tell wether they will be keikis of spike branches yet. The last picture is of those. I used bloombooster on a few nodes of other phals and sure enough I have gotten growths that look as if they will turn into spike branches. I will post a few other pictures of these in a seperate post as i can only put 4 pics. Sorry for the poor photography but i didn't feel like hauling out my good equipment and setting up lights so i just used the point and shoot. Has anyone else experimented any with getting keikis? What where your results? I would really like to be able to get 3-4 growths going on some cats with hopes that they wouls all bloom. I hope I get better results from Keikigrow with the next Cat I try.

Name:  P5150016.JPG
Views: 2169
Size:  161.0 KB

Name:  P5150017.JPG
Views: 2081
Size:  143.9 KB

Name:  P5150018.JPG
Views: 3468
Size:  155.6 KB

Name:  P5150019.JPG
Views: 1250
Size:  135.4 KB