I know we've touched on this before, but I am looking for some sort of fairly definitive list of the water loving phrags. Of course I know that other culture variables will vary ones conditions, but is there some way to tell, based on parentage, etc. who wants more water and who wants less? Like, general guidelines such as "if bess is in the parentage, water = x" ? Just an example...

Part of my recent confusion has to do with the fact that at the greenhouse, my latest aquisition was grown sitting in water. So, after a couple days, and watching the mix dry out very very fast, I put it back in a dish of water, figuring it was closer to the way it was raised. I've had some trouble w/ underwatering my St. Peter and Barbara LeAnn, and now water more frequently, but I *still* seem to be a day late and a dollar short on the St. Peter, which makes me wonder about the others! I could always tell by the bloom on that one, and now it is out of bloom so I'm back to wondering again about this stuff. I water the Mtn. Maid with the other two, reliably and it seems happy.

I would imagine I am going to get some contradictory responses here. I'm not interested in switching over to S/H, but I do have the diatomite/CHC mix that the Penn's Creek Cascade (the one sitting in a dish of water) came in. I notice that this mix dries really quickly in other plants that are not sitting in water. So, any thoughts? Concerns? Chastising?

Thanks!