Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A cart with light fixtures?

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Cool Traci! Keep us updated on your progress! You should set up your aquarium down there and grow some nice pleuros too - they'd love that environment! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Dana
    I'll relieve you of that burden, just send them over here
    Well...you can't blame a girl for trying!

the shipping is sooooooo expensive

p

Quote Originally Posted by Heather
    Cool Traci! Keep us updated on your progress! You should set up your aquarium down there and grow some nice pleuros too - they'd love that environment! Congratulations!
    I will keep you posted. Now I need an idiots guide to making a grow room.

Quote Originally Posted by peteMc
    the shipping is sooooooo expensive

p
    Details..details

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Traci, if this helps at all in your decision, I just got a chrome adjustable 4 shelf thing (a copy of that Intermetro or whatever it's called) for under $40 at HD. I think it was available in black and white, too. It's really a good size and you could easily and asthetically hang lights under the shelves. I've currently got about 35 plants on it, and some are fairly large plants (a dend that's got to be 2" tall, for instance). When I move it inside in the winter, it will be easy to simply add the lights. Just my 2 cents...
    Liz
    Hi Liz! Will you post a picture of your shelf for us when you have a chance? I'd love to see it! Thanks!

Traci, if this helps at all in your decision, I just got a chrome adjustable 4 shelf thing (a copy of that Intermetro or whatever it's called) for under $40 at HD. I think it was available in black and white, too. It's really a good size and you could easily and asthetically hang lights under the shelves. I've currently got about 35 plants on it, and some are fairly large plants (a dend that's got to be 2" tall, for instance). When I move it inside in the winter, it will be easy to simply add the lights. Just my 2 cents...
    Liz
    Your collection sounds like the size of mine. Funny, I went from 17 plants to 30+ in a month. Wow, I doubled! I'd like to see your set up if you can post a photo.

I would love to show you my shade porch (I'm very pleased with how it's come together in the last few weeks), but I returned the digicamera I had borrowed. I'll get my DH to bring the office camera home tomorrow if he can. I actually posted pics of it a few weeks ago, but it's been redone since then with the bigger shelf. And, of course, I added about 7 plants, because I had so much more shelf room. This is a link to the old pic.

post re how much light...

The big shelf is now where the old shelf was; the new one is twice as tall, with 4 shelves. The old one is on the opposite side; there's just a few plants on it, and I use it as a potting/fussing table.

Oh and Traci, I was at HD yesterday (what' a weekend w/o HD?) and the shelves are $30...
    Liz

Liz, did you get your shade cloth at HD? Just curious. Don't know where I would go to get some around here. Thanks!

I would love to show you my shade porch (I'm very pleased with how it's come together in the last few weeks), but I returned the digicamera I had borrowed. I'll get my DH to bring the office camera home tomorrow if he can. I actually posted pics of it a few weeks ago, but it's been redone since then with the bigger shelf. And, of course, I added about 7 plants, because I had so much more shelf room. This is a link to the old pic.

post re how much light...

The big shelf is now where the old shelf was; the new one is twice as tall, with 4 shelves. The old one is on the opposite side; there's just a few plants on it, and I use it as a potting/fussing table.

Oh and Traci, I was at HD yesterday (what' a weekend w/o HD?) and the shelves are $30...
    Liz
    I need to take some photos of the space I am going to use for growing. Matter of fact, I'll do that right now...

Heather, I did get it at HD, but I actually found some online that I think was better. I can't remember exactly where it was . . . I'll look for it. But, it was reasonably priced, cut to order the size you need, and I think shipping was free. The stuff I got at HD said on the package "up to 75% shade" whatever that means, whereas the stuff I found online was available in different percentages. Also, the HD shadecloth is supposed to be installed using these plactic grommets that don't work, and all in all, I will get it online when it needs to be replaced.

My DH just put the finishing touch on the shade porch. He's been refinishing the wood picnic table and patio set and he just stained the beams on the shade porch to match. He's really quite handy. I guess I should make dinner without complaining this time...