[QUOTE=Weetamoo;468179]Hi Leigh,
Yes they were from Ecuador/Florida. I didn't know to soak them for 48 hours. Thanks for the tip. I put it in clay pot because I can't water every day. I do have the others in wooden baskets with lava and orchiata. I waffle back and forth on which will work better for me. I do love the baskets, and I'm planning to make a couple tonight (my husband does all the cutting, I do the drilling and assembly).
How much light do you give your Rhyncos and Aerides? Cattleya light? Right now I have them shaded with high humidity to encourage root growth.

Zain I will switch the tags. Does this one look more like Aer. houlletiana?Name:  20200512_130304_resized.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  62.3 KB[/QU
Well done Clara very nice one it will do better with wooden baskets.

---------- Post Merged at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Weetamoo View Post
yep the leaves are not as rigid. It's also the only one with one big healthy root. The houlletiana's foliage is beautiful. My next one might be the quinquevulnera if I can find a spot to fit it in. My husband wants the kitchen table back. and then he helps me make boxes..hehe

Sheryl, my husband's hobby is wood working. I buy a white cedar board and he cuts it into strips 1/2 x 3/4 x by whatever size box I want. Then He makes a jig and I drill the holes with a drill press. I could just mark the ends and use a hand drill - there are DIY videos on line. I use 14 gauge wire (from the picture hanger section of the big box hardware) with 2 pliers I bend a little U at the end for the bottom, then thread the wires. Doing the twist at the top is my favorite part. Maybe next time I make one I'll take pictures along the way and post my own little DIY if anyone's interested
Name:  20200513_075318_resized.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  24.9 KB
Name:  20200513_075434_resized.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  25.3 KB the jig
Name:  20200513_080324_resized.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  19.8 KB the bottom
Wow you and your husband very talented so nice and neat the basket if my house very near for the sure I can order from you ha ha.